Monday, September 25, 2006

ON THE MIDDLE OF THE BRIDGE/

The image that comes to mind is an old rickety wooden playground bridge I used to fear when I was a kid. It was my first year in Saudi and I was seven. My parents brought me to this enormous wooden playground. With all it's nooks and crannies, the various levels you could climb up on... it was a nothing less than a fairytale castle.

It had fortresses that were connected by solid blocks, but one fortress was special because the only way you could get to it was through a rocking bridge. It moved so much that even on the end, you could feel the footsteps of a person just stepping into it. Anyone who was brave enough (or just older really) took full advantage by jumping on the bridge as hard as they could to create a nauseating wave-like motion. Beware and hold on tight when you're caught right in the middle because it's so unstable... it's where you can feel it the most.

I am totally feeling it. I am in the middle of the bridge. I just kept walking and now I am here. I just have to open eyes, fight the urge to hurl and walk on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you made a great decision. I hope you're doing good. :}