Thursday, October 26, 2006

IT'S ALL HAPPENING/

I'm the kind of person who who thinks that I can get anything. If I put my an immense amount of energy into wanting it... the universe just conspires to give it to me. This is the kind of thinking that made me believe, I was a witch at an early age. I once cursed an ex-boyfriend and the next time I saw him... his face had become more cratered than the moon. Do I need more proof than that?

However, my witchcraft and wishful thinking has gotten me into a bit of a bind. It got to the point when I wanted something so badly, that I put everything on the line. Had the devil come to barter with my soul, I might have considered it because I felt like if I didn't get my way... then I'd soon stop walking.

Rearranging the road you're on to fit the destination you have set on your mind is arduous. I just had to take a break. With this break, I realized that what you want isn't necessarily what is best. Flabgannit! It seems so simple written that way... "what you want isn't necessarily what is best". But that was one hard earned lesson.

I still want things... I want things a lot and I still obsess about getting them. I wanted to go to New York to explore the streets that never sleep. Going there in 2003 only whet my appetite and ever since I've gotten here, I've wanted to eat the fucking big apple. I've dreamt of spending an entire day at MOMA, checking out the Mueck exhibition at the Brooklyn Museum, maybe even venturing out to Long Island or dare I say it... Harlem. I've got all these crazy desires. However, financial distress and parental control prevented me from packing up and going.

No matter, I didn't stress... believe me, I wanted to. I wanted to push all my energy into getting my way. But I let it be. If this was something that was meant to happen, then the path to it would show itself.

Wouldn't you know it... tomorrow, I'm heading to NYC.

A witch can work her magic, but only God can produce a miracle.

1 comment:

Cia Hermosa-Jorge said...

I love your pictures in your blog Knox. I'm currently addicted to taking pictures and I'm always on the look out for inspiring pictures in cyberspace =) Ey good luck in whatever you decide to do, let's talk more in Pinas! I'm currently at the crossroads of my life myself. Hay... nakakabwisit na exciting at the same time.